Conserve your forests, prairies, and woodlands while still owning your land
Spanning the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin, the St. Croix River is one of the nation’s first federally designated Wild and Scenic Rivers. It is also home to a diverse abundance of native flora and fauna that rivals any other location within the greater Upper Mississippi River Basin.
The Minnesota Land Trust and the St. Croix River Association are looking for willing landowners to participate in the St. Croix Watershed Protection Program, a conservation initiative to permanently protect high quality habitat complexes in Minnesota.
• Protect Minnesota’s important wildlife habitat, water quality, and beautiful open spaces
• Preserve your family’s legacy on the land
• Join a community of more than 550 dedicated landowners who steward almost 60,000 acres of important Minnesota places
• Receive tax incentives or other compensation for a permanent conservation easement on your property
• Receive a free habitat management plan, with the potential for financial and technical land management assistance.
Click here for the full brochure oulining the program and if it is right for you.
April 1, August 1, December 1 2020
If you would like to participate in the St. Croix Watershed Protection Program, please complete and return the included application.
Contact Bill Penning at:
(651) 262-6403 or